The Wimbledon Guild Village Fair is a large, annual, community event on picturesque Wimbledon Common. It is in aid of, and organised by, Wimbledon Guild, a local charity working throughout the London Borough of Merton. We provide practical help for people in crisis including: hardship grants, outreach, talking therapies, befriending, a bereavement service and activities for older people.
To help with the smooth running of the event, Wimbledon Guild relies on expanding its team of fun, good humoured and hard-working volunteers.
The Wimbledon Guild Village Fair 2017 has something for everyone - shopaholics, foodies and families alike - including:
• Medieval jousting performances in the main arena along with a full day of exciting acts
• Fun Dog Show
• Adventure Village
• Children’s Village
• 200+ arts and crafts stalls
• Food Village offering British and International food and Farmers Market
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
You’ll be part of a team of over 100 volunteers to make this year’s Wimbledon Guild Village Fair the best ever.
Volunteering opportunities are varied:
• From helping in the Children’s and Adventure Villages to managing the Sips and Sounds music marquee or selling raffle tickets
• Assisting with event set-up
• Flexible time slots to give you time to relax and enjoy the Wimbledon Guild Village Fair
• Why not bring a friend or a few colleagues along to volunteer with and we can give you a job to do together!
What will the experience give you?
• You will be part of a great volunteer programme
• Lovely community feel and involvement in a good cause
• A fun day out helping one of South London’s largest free outdoor events
• A chance to meet new friends
• Wimbledon Guild Village Fair 2017 t-shirt – yours to keep!
• Meals as appropriate, snacks and drinks throughout your time slot
The Wimbledon Guild Village Fair is an all-day event, and we need volunteers for different shifts throughout the day from 6am to 7pm.
Only applicants aged 16 and older will be accepted unless they are accompanied by a responsible adult.
No particular skills are required, but there are some specialised roles, including: Main Arena Manager, Main Arena Assistant, where previous event experience would be very helpful.
We will hold essential briefing sessions during the week of the Wimbledon Guild Village Fair (tentatively June 12th and 13th), where we will explain important safety information, answer any questions you might have about your assigned role(s), and also explain the organisation for the day.
Sound good? Volunteer today by filling out the application form below or
click here to download and print it
How can you help us at the Fair? Tick all that apply